Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Month Later

I've intended to make a fully concerted effort to blog more, considering I've just released a book.  Actually today marks the first month that Archer's been released.  If I'm being honest, I've tried waiting until I have more information to blog about.  So far, I don't have much.  I need to try to do some promotional things.

The paperback still isn't available.  I'm sorry to everyone who's been waiting for it and I'm grateful for your patience thus far.  I've been having problems with the proofing--not the actual proofing process.  I've just been discovering problems with my file once it's been through file review.  Specifically, I'm having issues with the drop-cap for the beginning of each chapter.  But I'm hoping to have these problems resolved soon, and then the paperback shall be ready.

In other, good news:  Within the month of its release, I have sold 24 copies of Archer for Kindle (plus 1 borrowed unit for an Amazon prime member).  Two of these books were sold to people in the UK and another one to someone in Canada.  And with that, I've claimed proper bragging rights, boasting about how I'm now an "international" author.

I have two 5-star reviews on my book's Amazon page, plus one 4-star review.  For it's first month, I certainly do not think these are bad stats. I'm excited and alternating between work on the sequel and prepping the paperback.  The sequel, tentatively titled "Prince of the West", is about a quarter of the way finished. 23,000+ words out of an estimated 100,000 words.

I'm scheduled for a book review and author interview over at Rosie Amber's blog starting July 7th, so be sure to watch out for me there!

The local newspaper did a feature on me and my book, it details some minimal biographical information.  Click here to check that out.

Meanwhile, I have very many future books racking my brain.  I've been catching up on my reading after feverishly writing for two and a half years. I read The Fault in Our Stars and watched its movie.  I'm catching up on Game of Thrones.  I've done little to rein in my book-hoarding habit and have purchased a conservative estimate of twenty books within the last month.  Currently I'm reading through a nonfiction book about pirates, which may or may not allude to a future sequel of Archer.

And on the off-chance I haven't bored or annoyed you yet, you should totally check out my book, available for purchase on Kindle.  (Side Note: I'm not sure if I'm going to take part in KDP Select on the next book go-around)

And, that's about it!  Hopefully soon I will have more to discuss!
-krm

No comments:

Post a Comment