Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Ideas & Current Progress

Forgive my infrequent posting as of late.  I've got two finals left to prepare for, plus two quizzes, a video + 1,250 word paper to write in the coming few days, plus graduation on May 11th.  Safe to say, I've been a bit swarmed. 

But I'm still working and this is just to reassure any who may chance across this blog that I am.  I've reached over 76,000 words and counting on my manuscript.  All that is really left is some transitionary scenes, big CLIMAX, then the ending.  It's sort of hitting me rather hard to have over a year's work wrapping up and so close to the end now.

And of course, in the midst of stress, where I've had another night of consecutive nightmares about graduation, I had a very inspirational dream where I let simmer for half of a day before writing something down.  I'm rather pleased with the culminated result.  I believe once I finish the original manuscript for Archer I will do some work with this, perhaps publish it indepedently as a short story.  It's not a particularly long idea and it does have the idea of a fairy tale.

I've shared the small piece from the smaller, second project with a select few audiences on my personal Facebook.  I'm going to wait to see what sort of feedback it garners before doing any other sort of sharing.

But I have many other ideas--continuing with my fantasy arc, the short story fairytale, and assassins.  More on that in due time, once other projects have been completed.

I know I said I wanted to have the manuscript ready for publication for the summer, but I'm looking more at a Fall 2013 release date.  Once I finish the manuscript and some basic edits, I'll be printing (out of pocket, mind you) a few ARC types to send a few people for reviewing.  I'll take their edits and feedback into account and hopefully have a polished-enough project to self-publish.  Meanwhile, during the process, I hope to be querying some agents, to see if I do have a shot for traditional publishing.

But for now.  Finals, then graduation.  Hopefully this summer I'll be presented with many opportunities and time finish this work.

Another bit--I'm looking into commissioning a digital artist for a book cover.  I'm really quite interested in Phatpuppy Creations who did the covers for Amanda Hocking's self published works.  If anyone has any other recommendations, I'll gladly accept them!

Later, I'll be asking who would be interested in winning an Advanced Reader Copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment