Wednesday, March 5, 2014

News, news!

Amidst personal crisis-es, I bring glad tidings!

For the rewrite of Archer of the Lake is complete!

This round, the draft ended up being around 93k words (the original was around 98k words), so while I feel like I've added things, the draft ended up being nearly five thousand words shorter.  So, what's next?

I sent the draft to all my *official* editors (plus another one that my friend wants me to try). For those that beta read the original, I'm sorry but this time you will have to wait for the release to read it again.  And it is different enough, I believe, (in a good way) to compel the original readers to purchase a copy when it is released.  So incentive, eh?

Speaking of which, the new expected release date is May 2014.

Once I receive revisions from my editors, I will apply edits where necessary and then begin formatting for ebook.  Release for Kindle, then later Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, iBooks.  Then cue formatting for the paperback version.

And actually, if you are curious enough, I did some rough formatting for paperback yesterday.  Because, it's been two years and I feel like I need a physical copy to quell my anxieties about this.  I need it in my hands.  So even though it is unedited, I'm printing a personal copy (with a very crappy cover, I might add), and I'm going to review that and enjoy in a physical copy of my work.  If you were wondering, the book with glossary ends to be slightly over 300 pages.  I am excited.

I took some screenshots of the formatting work I did in Microsoft.  Here is what 300+ pages of a novel looks like Microsoft Word:

Click this link to my Facebook post.

We are close.  But what now? What project is there to do now?

If you don't know, I've done some previous work with Runewell (as suggested by the above tab).  I scrapped my old work and started new.  I've also started working on Archer's sequel, now titled The Prince of Kanetalm.  The prologue is finished, and the first chapter is close to being completed.

Meanwhile, I am looking at going off to college this fall to complete my degree.  I both dread and look forward to it.  I know not what the future holds for me, but I do know I am not done writing books. Not by any means.  But college will definitely put a damper on progress. My very slow progress...

But Book One is finished.  So there is that at least!

Thank you, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment