Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Happy birthday, mom

Sunday, April 19th was my mother's 51st birthday.

It was also a particularly horrid day at work, followed by some unsavory events thereafter.  I curled up in bed and had a good cry before being whisked away by friends in an attempt by said friends to be cheered up.  To the very least, their efforts held some measure of effect.  It was difficult to allow myself to be cheered up after being thoroughly exhausted, my emotions spent.

Back to my mum--

The day before her birthday, my dad, sister, and I went to decorate her grave with some flowers and balloons.  The headstone still isn't in place because of some difficulties on the vendor's end, but once it is, I'll be posting the picture.

"Terribly missing her," doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling.

As far as Prince's dedications go, I was thinking something like:

For Momma--
I hope you would have enjoyed this.

But I'm still undecided.  I'm not sure how I feel about the tense, or the message.  But especially the verb tense.

2 comments:

  1. There is no 'hope' that... you KNOW your Mom would have enjoyed Prince. And you know that she was and would be immensely proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything that anonymous said is spot-on and exactly what I was planning on saying.

    ReplyDelete